Upcoming Local Events
Complete details for these events and other events are posted here
- Saturday, Aug 16, Seattle Robotics Society - RFID Tags presentation, followed by a Swap Meet.
- Tuesday, August 19, 6:30 PM, The Elliott Bay Book Company - SPECULATIONS - ELLIOTT BAYSCIENCE FICTION & FANTASYBOOK GROUP: "World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War" by Max Brooks
- Tuesday, Aug. 26, 7:00 PM, U District store - Terry Brooks, "The Gypsy Morph (The Genesis of Shannara, Book 3)", Reading & Book Signing
- Tuesday, Sep. 02, 7:00 PM, U District store - S.M. Stirling, "The Scourge of God: A Novel of the Change", Reading & Book Signing
- Wednesday, Sep, 03, 7:00 PM, U District store - Steven Erickson, "Toll the Hounds: Book Eight of The Malazan Book of the Fallen", Reading & Book Signing
- Monday, Sep, 15, 7:00 PM, University Temple United Methodist Church Chapel, 1415 NE 43rd St, Seattle - Neal Stephenson, "Anathem", Reading & Book Signing
- Tuesday, Sep, 16, 7:00 PM, U District store - Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson, "Paul of Dune", Reading & Book Signing
- Saturday, September 20, Seattle Robotics Society - Relationships with Personified Robots presentatin by Rachel Severson, and another Swap Meet.
- Wednesday, Oct 01, Museum of Flight: William M. Allen Theater - Happy 50th Birthday, NASA!
- Saturday, Oct 11, 10AM – 5PM, Museum of Flight: The Great Gallery - Northwest Historical Miniatures Gaming Exhibition
- Friday, Oct. 24, 7:00 PM, U District store - Greg Melville, Greasy Rider: Two Dudes, a Car Powered by Vegetable Oil, and a Cross-Country Trip in Search of a Greener World, Reading & Book Signing ( 10 years ago, this might have been considered science fiction ~ Jim )
- EMP|SFM - Robots: An exhibition celebrating humankind’s fascination with robots. The exhibition runs May 16 to October 26, 2008.
- Pacific Science Center - For the latest news check the PSC blog or the highlights posted on the Science News page.
- Vancouver Art Gallery - KRAZY! The Delirious World of Anime + Comics + Video Games + Art, May 17th - September 7th, 2008, Vancouver, BC Canada.